It’s official, the Zimbabwe Hip Hop Awards (ZHHA) are back to celebrate the 11th anniversary and will be held on Saturday, 11th December 2021. The awards will happen either virtual or conventional depending on the state of the COVID-19 regulations at the time of production.
As the leading authority of Zimbabwe Hip Hop culture and Africa’s first and prestigious Hip Hop awards, our mission is to use elements of popular youth culture and media to inspire, motivate and empower the music of young people by acknowledging and celebrating local artists in their respective genres. We continue to grow as we are get more regional and international recognition from various media houses and artists. 2021 celebrates the 11th Edition of the Zimbabwe Hip Hop Awards (ZHHA), the first Hip Hop awards on the African continent.
- We would like to announce our headline sponsor, The Pogues Whiskey, who are back on board for a second year running, their support will assist in producing a quality awards ceremony.
- It is also a pleasure to announce an addition to the executive, our new head of operations Bekithemba Sibanda also known as Thorne Laroq. His input to the brand will shape, carve and unite the hiphop industry. He has years of experience in the genre not only as an artists but a promoter and a leader.
- Earlier in the year a new partnership with Tunecore was formed, the world’s leading DIY music distributor for independent artists. Distribution has been a major challenge for artists across the globe. As Zim Hip Hop awards, we value growth, education and success of our Zimbabwean artists hence our partnership with Tunecore, by just a click of a link your music can be distributed in over 150 digital music stores and streaming services across 100 plus countries worldwide and you get to keep 100% of your sales. Tunecore is a one stop shop for independent artists and we pleased to partner them here in Zimbabwe.
MORE EXCITING PARTNERSHIPS TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON.
The Pogues Zim Hip Hop Awards will pay tribute to musical excellence and creativity, providing a high-profile and multi-faceted celebration of the rich cultural diversity of Zimbabwean Hip hop music. Winners receive a plaque, a representation of the highest achievement in Zimbabwean Hip Hop.
Having come this far The Pogues Zim Hip Hop Awards will continue to celebrate its 11th year of Hip Hop industry achievements in glitz and glam despite the challenges of COVID-19.
THE #ZHHA11 IMPORTANT DATES
Media Launch Friday 1 October 2021
Opening of Entries Monday, 4 October 2021 (submissions via our website and physical centres below this article)
Closing of Entries Monday 1 November 2021
Adjudication Tuesday 2nd – Wednesday 10th November 2021
Nominees Announcement Friday, 12th November 2021
The Pogues Zim Hip Hop Awards 2021 Saturday, 11th December 2020
THE AWARDS CATEGORIES
1. Best Male
2. Best Female
3. Best Collaboration
4. Best Hip-Hop Group
5. Best Producer
6. Best New Comer
7. Best Brand Supporting Local Hip-Hop
8. Best Album
9. Best Promoter
10. Best Diaspora
11. Best Radio DJ
12. Best Club DJ
13. Best Gospel
14. Best Dance act
15. Best underground
16. Best alternative
17. Best Online media
19. Song of the year
20. Video Of The Year & video director of the year
21. Best Hip Hop hustle.
22. Best hip hop verse (sweet 16 award)
23. Hip hop personality of the year
24. People’s choice
We anticipate a creative, charged, insightful, active, electric and truly celebratory #ZHHA 11 that will help the Hip Hop and music industry in Zimbabwe continue to find its space on the global stage.