60% of Zimbabwean women and girls, do not have access to adequate sanitary products. They often resort to poor and unhygienic sanitary methods like leaves, rags or grass in order to get through their period. Though Zimbabwe has removed tax on all sanitary products, there is still a lot that needs to be done. We as The Period Company would like to do our part. Therefore we are delighted to present our Period Dignity Conference 2021, in partnership with the Ministry of Women; and the Ministry of Education. This event will investigate how we can embed a culture of period dignity across Zimbabwe, particularly in the rural areas where the need is much greater.
Join us on 21st June 2021, as we examine the progress of periods in Zimbabwe.
Key issues to be addressed include:
• Free provision of period products and how we can get there.
• Sharing best practice in implementing period policies across sectors
• Addressing taboos, myths and inequalities in menstruation and menstrual health
• Exploring the challenges and success of free product provision in schools and colleges and how we can continue to change the conversation around periods in education
• Creating and implementing a workplace period policy and strategy.
9.30AM. WELCOME ADDRESS BY FACILITATOR
9.35AM. OUR MENSTRUAL HEALTH
9.40AM. MINISTRY OF EDUCATION (GUEST SPEAKER)
9.50AM. MENTAL MENSTRUAL HEALTH
10.00AM. MINISTER OF WOMEN (GUEST OF HONOUR)
10.15AM. VOTE OF THANKS
For Enquiries and Sponsorship Opportunities Contact
Fadzai Chilundo +263 78 353 9787 email@example.com
Tanyaradzwa Mharadzirwa +263 78 310 8179 firstname.lastname@example.org
Date: Monday 21 June 2021
Time: 9:30am to 1:30am
Meeting ID: 813 8321 9147
Target: NGOs, Corporate, SMEs, Government, Private Sector, Youth Business
Media: Journalists, online media
Sponsorship: Sponsorship packages available on request
Fee: Free Admission
All rights reserved. This presentation was created for The Period Company Zimbabwe. 2021